Monday, January 14, 2013

Are you Tweeting at the right time?

It's a good idea to know when your followers are online and reading your tweets.

Thats where Tweriod comes in handy.
I wondered about this very question and decided to take a look.

Here's the Tweriod report for EtsyDeviants account the general view. You can look at Weekends, Sundays, Mondays, and Weekdays.



I like looking at the combined hourly graph to see everything at once.

Tweriod Hourly for EtsyDeviants


Tweriod Hourly for LizsWares


To see it a different way for me to understand it I drew up a chart in Excel. I added borders to show how long followers are online each day, I wrote the account initials at their peak hours.



When I was planning to schedule my tweets in TweetDeck I planned on tweet the items at (2:00 AM and 4:00 PM), or (12:00 PM, 5:00 PM).

By looking at the chart we can see that
*the 2am tweet wouldn't get any views
*the 12pm tweet wouldn't reach very many, but some
*the 4pm tweet would hit followers on both accounts nicely
*the 5pm tweet would reach a fair amount of followers

Knowledge is power, and now that I know I can choose better times to reach as many of my followers as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment